I finally did it. I decided to do a complete re-watch of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe. What does that mean? It means I’ll be watching the movies, the shows, the Netflix shows, the Hulu shows, the one shots, e v e r y t h i n g. If I watch a movie, I’ll review it here and have an open discussion on it. If I watch a show, I’ll review the season with thoughts on my favorite episodes (as well as the open discussion) When I finish a show/movie series (i.e. the Iron Man trilogy), I’ll review them as a whole here.
I wanted to share the unofficial official viewing order with you in case you wanted to join me in watching everything! I am not going to be sticking to a schedule though, so feel free to watch at your own pace.
Also, please note that I am watching the Netflix/Hulu shows separately from the movies/ABC shows. I’m doing it because they never interact with each other, and it feels like I should watch the Defenders Chronicles all as one rather than interspersed with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Runaways since they have such different vibes anyways.
I’ll also be watching Runaways and Cloak and Dagger together, but separately from everything else since they are Marvel shows, but don’t interact with the other Marvel stuff. They do have a cross over with each other though, which is why I’ll be watching them together!
Okay, here we go. First up- The Marvel Netflix shows in order!
- Daredevil (Season 1)
- Jessica Jones (Season 1)
- Daredevil (Season 2)
- Luke Cage (Season 1)
- Iron Fist (Season 1)
- The Defenders (limited series, meaning there is only 1 season)
- The Punisher (Season 1)
- Jessica Jones (Season 2)
- Luke Cage (Season 2)
- Iron Fist (Season 2)
- Daredevil (Season 3)
- The Punisher (Season 2)
- Jessica Jones (Season 3)
I know not everyone has Netflix or Hulu, and if you don’t I applaud you for holding out as long as you have, but it might be time to invest in them. If you can’t though, you can buy these as DVD’s (I’m pretty sure). I know I’ve seen them at Target before. And since each episode clocks in at roughly 60 minutes instead of 45 minutes, like a normal TV show, you’ll be getting more bang for your buck! Not to mention everything else they have streaming right now.
Next up, the Runaways/Cloak and Dagger viewing order!
- Runaways (Season 1)
- Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
- Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
- Runaways (Season 2)
- Runaways (Season 3) (Final season)
You can watch these on Hulu or rent them on Amazon Video, and I am unsure if you can purchase them as DVDs, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to?
And finally, the one you’ve all been waiting for: the MCU ultimate viewing order! Movies are in bold, TV shows are in regular type, and the one-shots are in italics to make it easier to read.
1. Captain America: The First Avenger
2. Agent Carter (season 1) (Hulu)
3. Agent Carter (season 2) (Hulu)
4. Agent Carter (one-shot on Iron Man 3 DVD)
5. Captain Marvel (Disney +)
6. Iron Man (Disney +
7. Iron Man 2 (Disney +)
8. The Incredible Hulk
9. The Consultant (one-shot on the Thor DVD)
10. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer (one-shot on the Captain America: The First Avenger DVD)
11. Thor (Disney +)
12. The Avengers (Disney +)
13. Item 47 (one-shot on the Avengers Assemble DVD)
14. Iron Man 3 (Disney +)
15. All Hail the King (one-shot on the Thor: The Dark World DVD)
16. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 1-7) (Netflix)
17. Thor: The Dark World (Disney +)
18. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 8-16) (Netflix)
19. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Disney +)
20. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 17-22) (Netflix)
21. Guardians of the Galaxy (Disney +)
22. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (Disney +)
23. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 1-19) (Netflix)
24. Avengers: Age of Ultron (Disney +)
25. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 20-22) (Netflix)
26. Ant-Man (Disney +)
27. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 1-19) (Netflix)
28. Captain America: Civil War (Disney +)
29. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 20-22) (Netflix)
30. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 1-6) (Netflix)
30. Doctor Strange (Disney +)
31. Black Panther (Disney +)
32. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 7-8) (Netflix)
33. Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot (season 1, eps 1-6) (ABC.com/ABC App)
34. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 9-22) (Netflix)
35. Spider-Man: Homecoming (Disney +)
36. Thor: Ragnarok (Disney +)
37. Inhumans (season 1) (ABC.com/ABC App)
38. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 1-18) (Netflix)
39. Ant-Man and the Wasp (Disney+)
40. Avengers: Infinity War (Disney+)
41. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 19-22) – Concurrent with Infinity War (Netflix)
42. Agents of SHIELD (season 6) – takes place in Endgame‘s five-year time jump (Netflix)
43. Avengers: Endgame (Disney+)
44. WandaVision (Season 1, Disney+)
45. The Falcon & The Winter Soldier (Season 1, Disney+)
46. Loki (Season 1, Disney+)
47. Black Widow (Disney+)
48. Spider-Man: Far From Home (unknown)
I will be watching anything that comes out after this in the order of release, but since everything is getting postponed and we don’t know exact dates yet, I’m not writing them in. If I remember, I’ll come back and edit the post.
I tried to list the streaming service where you can watch everything, but you should be able to rent or buy everything physically or on Amazon Prime Video, or on their respective provider apps. It is a lot cheaper to have Hulu/Netflix already, though. Or to already own everything on DVD like my family does lol.
Also, I want to thank Digital Spy for helping me put this post together. They are where I got the viewing orders for the movies/Netflix shows, I just edited them to what I needed for this post. If you want to watch the Netflix shows and the Hulu shows concurrently with the movies, check out their original post here!
So there you have it! Your next few months, planned hahahjoking…unless?