Welcome to Day 2 of the FFBC Blog Tour for book 2 in the The Androma Saga, Nexus by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings! I am so excited that I was able to interview Lindsay, and I hope you enjoy reading it! Stick around till the end for a special giveaway!
As mentioned before, today is only day 2 of the Nexus blog tour, so make sure you check out these other tour hosts this week!
Sasha Alsberg :
Sasha Alsberg is the #1 NYT Bestselling Co-Author of ZENITH: The Androma Saga. When Sasha is not writing or obsessing over Scotland she is making YouTube videos on her channel Abookutopia. She lives in Massachusetts with her dogs, Fraser and Fiona
For her writing, she is represented by Joanna Volpe at New Leaf Literary.
Lindsay Cummings is the #1 NYT Bestselling co-author of ZENITH, along with her duology, THE MURDER COMPLEX from Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins, and the MG trilogy THE BALANCE KEEPERS, from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. She is represented by Pete Knapp at Park Literary in NYC.
Lindsay deals with chronic fatigue, writes full time from her home in the deep woods in North Texas, and loves to chat with fellow book nerds. Lindsay created the #booknerdigans hashtag.
Nexus (Book 2 in the The Androma Saga) by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings. Published May 7th, 2019 by Harlequin TEEN. Recommended reading age is 13+
Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Young Adult
#1 New York Times bestselling authors Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings deliver the dazzling finale to the acclaimed Androma Saga, where stunning betrayals and devastating secrets send an embattled galaxy spiraling into the ultimate nightmare.
Her ship is gone, her crew is captured and notorious mercenary Androma Racella is no longer the powerful Bloody Baroness, but a fugitive ruthlessly hunted across the Mirabel Galaxy. The bloodthirsty Queen Nor now rules most of the galaxy through a mind-control toxin and she’ll stop at nothing to destroy her most hated adversary.
Andi will risk anything, even her precious freedom, to find a cure. Stranded with her unlikely ally, Dex, on the unforgiving ice planet of Solera, their plan to infiltrate a black-market city proves dangerously irresistible.
Back in Arcardius, Nor’s actions have opened Mirabel to invasion. As Andi’s crew fights to regain their freedom, Andi and Dex discover a threat far greater than anything they’ve faced before.
Only by saving their mortal enemy can the crew of the Marauder make one last desperate strike to save the galaxy—unaware that a shattering, centuries-old secret may demand the most wrenching sacrifice of all.
1. If you had to describe the Nexus reading experience in 3 words, what 3 would you use?
2. If your characters had to hang out with the cast from another book/series, who would they be? What would they do?
- I would love to see our characters hang out with everyone from the 100. I feel like they would probably get into a competition talking about how crappy their lives are.
3. How does the writing process work between you and Sasha?
- It’s a very messy process done on Google Docs. We have about 30 documents for each of the books in the series, full of ideas, character concepts, plot threads, and then one massive document where we both write on different days!
4. Can you pick one song for each main character that would be their favorite?
- I kind of feel like the characters would each just get on Spotify and fight over what playlist to listen to. Andi would pick classic, Dex would pick some sort of club music, Lira would probably just want some silence, and Breck and Gilly would listen to Odesza.
5. In Zenith, what was the hardest scene to write emotionally/physically? In Nexus?
- For Zenith, it was the dancing with the dead scene between Andi and her victims. For Nexus…definitely all the Valen scenes, inside of his mind.
6. If your MC’s had a Youtube, what would their channels be about?
- Dex’s would probably be just him trying on outfits or flexing in the mirror. Andi would do how-to’s on self defense, and Breck and Gilly would definitely have beauty channels. Lira would be a booktuber.
7. What has been your favorite part of writing these books so far?
- Just the awesome adventure of getting to meet so many readers and have so much fun sharing the experience with another person. Writing can often feel lonely, but this one is full of talking and hanging out (Sasha talks a LOT, lol)
8. What upcoming releases are you most excited for?
- I’m super excited about Sarah J Maas’ next series, Crescent City. And always, always whatever Leigh Bardugo has coming up next.
Lindsay’s answers were so fun, I had a great time making this post! I cannot wait to read the conclusion to this exhilarating duology and to see what Lindsay and Sasha have in store next!
Thank you to Lindsay and the FFBC team for putting this together and for allowing me to interview! I had a blast and I hope you reading this did to! Enjoy Nexus, everybody!
Enter the giveaway by clicking the link below for the chance to win one (1) copy of Nexus by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings! (US only, 5/1/19-5/15/19. Winner will be announced 5/16/19)
There will also be an Instagram exclusive giveaway! Follow Fantastic Flying Book Tours (@theffbc) and myself (@somebooksandramblings), The authors Sasha and Lindsay (Links above!) and comment on the post made by @theffbc why you want the book or why you’re excited to read the book!
- Follow the FFBC owners: @whatmakespatri, @michellesulk, @artsyreadergirl
- Follow any other FFBC team member participating in the tour (@kagunderman, @booking_belle, @kyeralynn, @inkymoments, @adventuresandreading, @a_bookish_dream, @TheReadingCornerforAll, @edwinhrydberg, @bookish_kali, @vicariousbookworm, @rgbooktrovert, @cinnamon.summers, @MorganVegaWrite, @bookishhdoodles, @charis_rae, @love2dazzle and @thebookdutchesses).
- Tag a friend (each friend will be an extra entry).
The winner will be tagged on @theffbc ‘s Instagram stories and contacted through Instagram for contact information! Good Luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!